Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is this face washing routine sound reasonable to you?

i have some red marks from acne but i finished my medication and they are fading im curious about my washing regime





1. cetaphil gentle skin cleanser


2. spf 50 moisturizer (is this alot? or should i go with a 30)





at night time i do the same thing except i moisturize with cetaphil moisturizer


do i need to moisturize alot at night or what?


\


thankseveryoneIs this face washing routine sound reasonable to you?
cetaphil is a wonderful cleanser. it sounds good, i might lighten up to a 30 spf, 50 is great dont get me wrong, its just that it might be a little much for day to day stuff. its awesome that you are using a SPF though, you will have great skin when youre older. at night you really dont need too much moisturizer, just a pea sized amount or else you will wake up oily. dont forget to moisturize your lips and put spf on those too! also be sure to exfoliate with something gentle 1 to 2 times a week.Is this face washing routine sound reasonable to you?
Umm.. well my dad's a doctor and he's always used/recommended Neutrogena facial bars to all his patients and to me.


Cleansers/soaps are mostly used only to cling to the dirt and oil and makeup so that the water can wash it off, taking the unwanted stuff with it. It does the job without leaving your skin too dry or without leaving residue.


SPF 50 is ok, at least you know you're protected. I just use the normal SPF 15 moisturizers in the day though, and when I'm going out in the sun for long I put on a hat and some SPF 30 facial sunblock.


In the night DON'T pack on moisturizer. I did this a few times and it caused me to break out because it blocked my pores. You should take care to let your skin breathe.


I also exfoliate weekly and use toner nightly to minimize pores.


Hope I helped :)
It seems pretty good.. However, I would consider EXFOLATING at least 1x a week to slough off dead skin cells and bring fresh skin to the surface... I use CETAPHIL and I mix acouple tablespoons of baking soda and massage into my face and rinse... My skin feels soft supple and I have little to no issues with acne.... I also use a toner/astrigent.. I like WITCH HAZEL which has WAY less alcohol than most commercial astrigents... I apply 2x a day and it removes dirt/oil.. I'm a bit older and I moisturize my skin like CRAZY! AT the moment I use OLAY REGENERIST and I have amazing skin...!





good luck
Wow.


Sorry people have to be like that and like disrespect u and just ruine your whole ******* question just to ask if theyre pretty. I havent even seen them but they seem pretty ******* ugly to me =]


lol sorry!


Anyways...


That seems like a reallly good regime to me..cetaphil is like one of the gentlest cleansers there is. I was on acutane and thats what my dermotologist told me i should use. And ya you need to protect your skin from the sun so the higher the spf, the better..


It seems like a pretty good amount of moisturizing to me! :)


Hope i could help
Sounds good to me. I think you should throw in some alcohol free toner though. It helps close the pores so not much dirt and stuff will clog them.
*Report the LOOONG answer above! (by Kati)*





I think that is just fine. You don't have to use spf 50. 30 or even 15 would be great.
um


that sounds good


you dont need thaat much spf


but it wont hurt
  • skin lesions
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment