Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can washing your face alot cause more pimples?

I've washed my face about 3 times per day. I ended up getting pimples on my forehead that I didn't have before. And I quit on greasy foods.


Do you think it's the face washing that is causing them??


Can washing your face alot cause more pimples?
no it's good to wash your face all the time. But it might be hormones. If you are old enough, I know birthcontrol pills help out a lot.Can washing your face alot cause more pimples?
Washing your face helps a lot, and does not cause problems.





However, are you using a soap or some kind of product to wash your face? That could be irritating you.





Another thing is, if you have bangs, if you don't wash your hair every day your forehead is going to break out. Or if you're constantly pushing your hair back out of your face, your hands touch your forehead more than you realize.





If you have any other skin condition at all (for example, rosatea) your chance of getting pimples goes up. My mother has a skin condition so even though she is 50 she still gets pimples all the time.
Yes. By over washing you deprive the skin of its natural moisture.


Your body reacts by producing more oil.


Also if you have dirt or bacteria on your hands or makeup applicators and you touch your face, pimples can occur.


After you wash use a moisturizer that specific use is for the face and that says won't clog pores.
It could be the soap you are using, but I also think 3 times a day is alittle excessive. I wash my face once in the morning and before I got to bed.





Your skin might be more sensitive, usually if you deplete your skin of too much of your natural oils, it goes into overdrive thinking it needs to make more to compensate for the loss and that can also cause breakouts.
no. the face washing actually is supposed to reduce the pimples, but will not if you use the incorrect cleanser. when buying a face wash, make sure it is hypoallergenic and won't clog pores, and it's a bonus when it says dermatologist recommended. the one i use is called gentle cleansing wash by johnson %26amp; johnson.
yes





when your skin gets too dry or irritated from very frequent washing you can breakout.





Also if the cleanser you use is too harsh that can cause you to breakout.





I never had bad skin but the one time I used Noxema I broke out horribly.





I bought a neutrogena sensitive skin bar and used it to clear it up.
It's not good to wash your face that many times a day. Twice is usally enough. What kind of facial soap are you using? A couple years ago I tried Dove facial soap and that made me break out alot. I noticed when I switched to St. Ives Cleanser, my skin was back to normal. So, it can be the soap your using that's causing the break outs. Also, when you touch something greasy, try and avoid touching your face as that's what causes breaks outs which will fully appear in two weeks. It's not necessairly what you eat....but, you should still eat healthy foods. Ohh, and scrub your face once a week. I uses St. Ives scrub and it works amazing. I hope my advice helped!
Are you using a wash cloth, because some lady in a drug store told me not to use wash cloths. Maybe you shouldn't wash your face as much, causing the pores to open more than usual, letting the dirt it. Be careful that you don't scrub your face too hard, that can hurt your face. If your acne gets worse, try using a special acne face wash or pro active. Face washes work, trust me, i use them. Hope this helped!
No. Not even greasy foods will cause it. Pimples are part of life and will happen more or less. Just get some stridex or something to get rid of it.
no actulley it can help cause it takes away oil that can cause pimples
It may be. Because i would always wash my face a lot! And i ended up getting more zits..then i cut back on the face washing so much..and my face cleared a bit!
Washing your face that much may dry out your skin and cause irritation which could cause acne.
Maybe it's what you are using to wash your face? Maybe it's clogging your pores.
it could be your face wash try switching to a different brand.
I agree with Lisa S.... maybe its wat your washin your face with...

No comments:

Post a Comment