Sunday, December 20, 2009

Don't wash your face?

I went to the dermatologist today for hair loss, but I mentioned my keratosis pilaris (chicken skin) on my arms and also i have chronic red cheeks. He simply told me don't ever wash my face with soap. In fact, don't use soap anywhere I don't have to... also to rub warm Vaseline on my face and arms when in the shower. Is this guy out of his mind?Don't wash your face?
No, i used to have little bumps and rough skin around my chin and cheeks. My doc told me to use a gentle soap (no dyes or scents) and not to take hot showers. Also, he gave me some medicine for baby psoriasis or eczema. Ask about it.Don't wash your face?
No, he actually gives very good advice! The soap makes your skin dry, sometimes even the ones with the moisturizers in them. I would go with what he says, and see if it makes a difference. If it works for you, and reduces your symptoms, then you are good to go. If they don't, you can always stop.
I never use soap--too drying. I use a faoming cleanser made for dry skin
Yes,





Vaseline is a terrible product and to suggest you use it on that skin condition is not a good idea.


It dries you out instead of offering moisture (google Petroleum you will see it's a cheap product)


I'd use a lufa in the shower with a pure and natural oil


Vaseline (The brand not the product) makes a great gel/cocoa butter oil -





Soap isn't good for your face unless it's made for it -


and yes we all need to wash our face with something -


to rid the bacteria and oil -


you can balance your face with a toner.
no, hes right, many people have delicate skin and sometimes the soap has a bad reaction.
I agree with kelly vaseline does suck it fucked up my skin for


2 months.
  • skin lesions
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment